As an avid traveler for work and pleasure, there are many tips and tricks I have learned to be efficient and not waste time, money or things. I’ve gathered my top 5 ways to be a more efficient traveler below.
- Limit the number of bags you bring – By limiting the bags you bring, you are limiting the possibility of items or bags you can lose or leave behind. It also helps you pack lighter and smarter. For air travelers, this will help with security checkpoints as well.
- Write or type out your itinerary before you travel – This will help you mentally go through the trip and may help you remember things that you haven’t yet thought of for the trip. The prepared traveler is an efficient traveler. Remember to include travel time to and from the airport as well as time in transit; this will also show you the time value you are putting into this trip.
- Have a list of things you want to accomplish while you are gone – Pick 1-3 things that you will get accomplished while you are traveling. These might be finishing a book, write a blog, go through your pricing, prepare a presentation, etc. Whatever it is, set a goal to get it done over your trip.
- Buy noise-canceling headphones – Noise-canceling headphones have been a life changer for me. They block out all of the airplane noise and help me focus on the task at hand. I use them more for just the peace and quiet than actually listening to something. They are good for that as well, though.
- Make one new contact – Some of the best contacts I have made have been of someone sitting next to me on a plane, in the airport lounge, or by the gate. Don’t be afraid to talk to someone new!
Traveling often causes a lot of stress but there are things you can do to reduce your stress when traveling and be more efficient. I urge you to try some of these tips on your next trip and let me know if you feel it worked for you.